~Amanda Blake Soule~
"The Creative Family"
Over the past three years, I've captured our living spaces in photos. Inspired by the above quote, I thought I'd share the evolution of my creative space in the three homes we've lived in thus far.
In our first apartment, I shared my space with the guest bed. We referred to this room affectionately as "The Hobby Lobby", a name we borrowed from my favorite local craft store. My hobby of choice then was scrapbooking. Newly married, I was working on an album of our wedding weekend. Although I wasn't writing then as much as I do now, you can see my journal sitting on the card table. It was a simple set up, but I loved it nonetheless.
My next craft room was in a house with three bedrooms. I had the space all to myself with no guest bed. We only lived here for a few short months, so the walls stayed pretty bare, and my stuff never fully got unpacked or put away. I did spread out a bit, though, and added another card table. Even though I was still scrapping a lot, I was beginning to write more too. The corner shelf held all my writing how-to & inspiration type books. I spent many afternoons sitting in my rocking chair reading and writing in the sunshine.
And here's where I create now. I'm back to sharing a room with the guest bed. In a teeny house with little storage, this room also serves as Lee's dressing room (notice the big man boot by the chair). I've acquired more stuff, but it's also better organized and the most used of the three rooms. The shelves of baskets were my mom's idea - brilliant & lots of fun. I enJOY reading, writing, and card-making here with a bit of scrapbooking every now and then.
3 comments:
You're so organized!!! Wish I could keep mine neater, though I'm sure we each enjoy our spaces as much as the other.......
love this post! and i didn't know that you loved the hobby lobby too! one thing we have never discussed!? can you believe it? :)
i remember the hobby lobby! i have to say this is a great post with all the pictures...claire you are so creative - much more than me!
Post a Comment