For the past two years I've been working on a course through the Institute of Children's Literature called "Writing for Children and Teenagers". It was a correspondence course, and I received one-on-one instruction from a published children's author. Though I'm very pleased to be finished, it was a positive learning experience and my writing has definitely improved. I received my final critique from my instructor today. Here are a few of her comments...
- "It was clear to me from the start that you are a talented writer. It has been fun to see that talent being polished with each lesson."
- "Your skills as a nonfiction writer are outstanding. Keep up the good work there!"
- "One of the strengths of your fiction is your characterization...Again, that's a gift that not everyone has; many writers struggle to make realistic, multi-layered characters."
- "I have always been impressed by your ability to slip in the small details that make a setting or character seem real...your writing has a natural feel to it."
Obviously her encouraging words have brought me much JOY today!
5 comments:
Congrats Claire! It's always nice to get such great complimetns!
i couldn't have said it better myself! you are so talented claire and i am proud you are my dear friend. i would be so honored to read a book to my children written by you someday!
what is your next move? house on the lake, with lee, jake, and penny...you cuddled up with your laptop and tea in hand with your creative mind working away? i am jealous :)
how nice claire! you must be proud of your accomplishments! :)
We always knew you were a good writer. It's great to have a published author recognize your talent now. Keep it up!
Duh. PLEASE JUST WRITE ONE BOOK. Then you'll never have to do it again. Please please please let me illustrate it...then I'll never have to do another one again either. Besides, if I ever make babies, they'll need a book to read.
Post a Comment