Over the last few years I have grown very fond of hot tea. I have a small collection of pretty tea pots and interesting tea cups. I've moved from using store bought tea bags, to insisting on higher quality (sometimes organic) tea, and recently I drink more loose leaf than bagged teas. I enJOY my tea with specialty honeys (like tupelo, orange, or lavender) and always a splash of milk. Much of my loose leaf tea is ordered from Adagio Teas online. I also purchased the most ingenious tea infuser from them. I can brew loose leaf one cup at a time without any leaves leaking through to the bottom of my mug.
It's not just the taste of tea that pleases me so much. I enJOY the process of brewing it...the whistling teapot, the leaves unfurling in the steaming water, the amber honey pooling in the spoon, and the hot mug warming my hands. I have a cup almost every morning and then again in the afternoon.
Tea rooms intrigue me. There's a yummy one in my hometown and one nearby to Lee's parents as well. While they aren't a favorite of most of the men in our family, when I can slip away with my mom or mother-in-law, we jump at the chance. Choosing a pot of tea and the accompanying tea sandwiches and sweets is such fun. I would nibble warm scones with lemon curd every afternoon if I could.
I received the most unique Christmas gift this year. Erin had a tin of tea blended just for me. She provided the tea blender with a list of characteristics describing my personality, appearance, and interests as well as my favorite types of tea. He concocted "Claire's Own JOYful Brew" and packaged it in a creatively labeled tin. Yummy!
So, in honor of National Hot Tea Month, brew yourself a cup (or a pot) and enJOY the many health benefits of hot tea.
No comments:
Post a Comment