Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Choosing JOY

I began this blog journey two months ago today...over 60 days chronicling the JOY in my life. Recently my mom asked if it was hard to come up with a new post each day, and so, I've been pondering that in my head and in my journal ever since. Finding JOY isn't hard...thankfully it's become a habit now. I notice many things each day...hot sun on a freezing morning, a Great Blue Heron fishing by the river, the sound of ice cracking on mud puddles as Jake and I walk by, newsy emails from loved ones, a full moon, the music on my ipod, and exquisite blog posts. I have found that some of the same things bring me JOY each day...letters in the mail, delicious meals, Jake and Penny's antics, time spent with Lee.

Here's the hard part, though. I know that I have a few readers who stop by here regularly, and I'm finding that I try to keep up the variety for you...both in words and pictures. This is when I have to stop and remember that I started this project mostly for me, as a way to cultivate JOY in my life. It's not about the well-written post or the perfectly lit picture, rather it's about reminding myself to take notice of all the JOY that surrounds me...to stop rushing through my to-do lists, but instead to take the time to enJOY the little gifts given to me each day. And in doing so, I hope you, my readers, will find yourselves taking notice of all the JOYS placed in your path on a daily basis.

1 comment:

Michelle said...

reading your blog is truly a JOYful part of my day. it makes the distance between us in mileage seem less of a factor in keeping up with each others busy lives.