Wednesday, January 16, 2008

April 2007 - January 2008

That's a picture of the cover of my journal...the one I finished today. I usually choose to record my life in one of these, and I spend the months that I'm using it collaging the cover with bits of this and that. So, this journal was a different experience for me. My most favorite feature of this one is it's pages are divided into eight colored sections of 30 pages each. When I began using it in April, I was writing on aqua-colored pages. I quickly realized that if I used one page each day then Lee would be home when I got to the orange pages, and sure enough, he was :-) It was fun to watch the colored sections pass me by as I waited for his return. Inside the front cover (purple pages...my fav!), I copied down quotes from my reading that really spoke to me. I used the back pages for a running list of prayers I was sending up, and later, what the outcome of each situation had been. The pages in between are filled with clippings from magazines, emails that I printed, house plans, postcards, lottery tickets, copies of book pages, the cards from a few bouquets of roses, and lots and lots of writing. It brings me JOY to look back over the past nine months of my life recorded on these pages and see where I've been. It's a little bittersweet to place this journal on the shelf next to the other completed ones. After all, it's been through a lot with me since April. But, there's the promise of a fresh start tomorrow with my new one. I wonder what its pages will hold.

No comments: