Dear Liza,
When I was a little girl, there were three events that I looked forward to each year. Every July we had front row seats to the fire department's fireworks display. Our neighborhood was just across the street from the field where they set them off. We'd lay in the back of the station wagon and peer through the windows at the colors raining down. If we were brave enough to take the booms full strength, there were blankets laid out under the sky. Fall meant the Arts & Crafts Festival. I could smell the hay bales and hear the bluegrass long before we passed through the entrance gates. Inside were tents as far as I could see full of handmade items. My favorites were the wooden flutes, the rubber stamps, and the marble guy. Oh, and there was funnel cake doused in powdered sugar! At Christmas time Aunt Gibi and I got to go with Grandaddy to his bank's holiday decorating party. It felt strange to be there after it was closed for the day, but so much fun to help decorate the gigantic tree in the lobby. We got to stay up way past our bedtime, eat yummy treats, and open a special present picked out just for us.
Bitsy, you aren't quite old enough yet to look forward to annual events, but you sure have an affinity for a few local landmarks. Going to the park is your thing right now, especially since we have finally dipped into the low 90's. We've spent this week exploring five different parks. You've worked on your climbing skills, visited the animal fountain, and discovered this amazing thing called sand. Watching the wonder with which you meet the world is pure JOY for me.
Love, Mama
This post was inspired by FridayLetters.com's question #152.
2 comments:
And reading your Friday posts with pictures is pure joy for me. Thanks, Mama & Liza.
Aunt Gibi remembers two of those, but I might have been too young to keep those bank memories.
Post a Comment