Friday, September 24, 2010

Friday Letter #3 - Grandparents

Dear Liza,
While thinking about this letter today, I've had so much fun poking around in my memories of my grandparents' houses. Here are just a few of my most favorite at Grandpa & Gramma's:
eating carrot sticks with Catalina out of blue china bowls,
red floor pillows and Saturday night t.v.,
riding bikes up and down the driveway with cousins and neighbors,
hauling my collection of Dr. Seuss books to the butler's pantry and creating my very own lending library,
and at Pete & Ditty's:
chocolate ice cream in milk,
spinning and bouncing off the table in the black vinyl kitchen chairs,
the big porch swing,
hammering, sanding, and painting in the shed,
watching "The Sound of Music" over and over again (Aunt Gini and I can recite a good portion of it still today).
Bitsy, You're a lucky girl to have two sets of grandparents that love you like crazy. There's something special about the time you'll spend at their houses having fun and creating unique memories. Daddy and I are already enJOYing watching you build relationships with Grandpa & Nana and Grandaddy & Mimi.
And, it's only going to get better with time!
Love, Mama
This post was inspired by FridayLetters.com.

2 comments:

Gibi said...

Lizabird, you just ask and I'll tell you all about how NUTS you've made your grandparents. Positively head over heels NUTS!!

Mimi said...

Yep, that's us: just nutty over our little Liza. It's normal of grandparents, from what I hear.