Friday, September 17, 2010

Friday Letter #2 - Friendship

Dear Liza,
There are many types of friends, and they will each serve a different purpose in your life. There will be some that are just plain fun to hang out with. Others will share the same passions as you which provides an instant conversation and activity to do together. Then there are those that will be important for one stage of your life, but like travelers on a journey will just be passing through, moving on as you both grow and change.
Besides your daddy, who I consider to be my closest friend, there are two friends of mine who I consider very real, better than good and if I liked this word (which I don't because it feels so exclusive) my best friends. Why? They both happened to go through life-changing experiences with me. There's nothing more that shows just who your friends are than to experience something big together. These two girls know me well. They've seen me at my worst, picked me up, and helped me get it back together. They've cheered with me at my best moments too. I know that no matter what, they are both always there, willing to listen, offer advice, laugh, and experience life's JOY with me.
Bitsy, I have no idea who your friends will be, where or when they'll appear in your life, what role they will play in your journey, whether there will be many or just a select few. I'm looking forward to discovering them with you. Sometimes you will choose to seek your friends out before your family, or even instead of your family, and that's okay. My wish for you is that you'll find friends who will stand by you, encourage you to be your best self, and love you unconditionally like my friends have done for me.
Love, Mama

This post was inspired by FridayLetters.com.

3 comments:

Ithinkyouknow said...

She will really enJOY these letters some day.

arinn said...

so sweet. and that pic is so cute- i love the look on penny's face! =)

Gibi said...

Double tear...