Dear Liza,
Marrying your daddy meant a lifetime of moves, and back then we thought it would be just the two of us moving, maybe with a dog. We thought we didn't want any babies, just each other. After a few moves...down south, out west, back east...we started to think that maybe we did want a baby. And so, we made you.
It's definitely been a big move for me--the biggest of my life. As a woman, you always hear that becoming a mother is a "life-changing" experience. But I wonder if any of us really knew what life-changing actually meant until we found ourselves in the thick of it. It hasn't been painless. Growing is like that. It's hard to break out of our old ways and leave our old selves behind. Having been at this for 19 months, though, I know that the growing pains I'm experiencing as a mama are changing me into a more beautiful being. I'm learning selflessness & authenticity, generosity & JOYfulness, creativity & compassion.
So thank you, Bitsy, for changing my life and loving me unconditionally in the process.
Love, Mama
This post was inspired by FridayLetters.com.
4 comments:
Truer words have never been spoken! Sweet sentiments for you and your girl!!
That was beautiful!
Single tear...
Claire,
How beautiful. Tears of joy here.
GPH
Post a Comment