Friday, January 9, 2009

Amaryllis & the Belly

Each year I receive an amaryllis bulb (or three!) for Christmas.  Once unpacked and watered thoroughly, they take 4-6 weeks to bloom.  I was checking the growth of the tiny green leaves this morning and realized that I'm expecting their gorgeous red blossoms right around the same time we're expecting the arrival of our girl.  It's a strange place we've entered in these final weeks of my pregnancy...wondering,watching, and waiting.  The question is, who'll arrive first, the flowers or our baby?     

2 comments:

arinn said...

judging from our video chat last night, i'd have to say baby H. for sure. your belly is already in full bloom!! :) and oh-so cute. yay! anna's a little upset because she says she didn't get to see jake and penny... so we'll have to do it again soon.

Anonymous said...

Ba-by! Ba-by! Ba-by! I already have an amaryllis.