Tuesday, August 26, 2008

The Art of Finishing

I'm an arts & crafts dabbler. In the past 6 years, I've tried quilting, scrapbooking, and knitting. Although I have quite a few completed scarves, a couple of hats, and a stack of scrapbooks, I also have these 6 projects that are begging to be finished.

*The lavender shawl is first on my list because it doesn't even belong to me. It is a project I began for a group at our old church.
*In the round basket are the sleeves to my sweater begun in February 2007. I don't have many more rows to knit, and even though it won't fit me this winter, it will feel so good to have accomplished such a large project.
*The hot pink and orange yarn is destined to become felted slippers. The soles are finished. I just have to knit the tops, and I'll be happily scuffing around the house in them when the weather turns chilly.
*I'm piecing the purple quilt squares together by hand for a small lap quilt.
*The red album is our wedding scrapbook. All that's left is the journaling for the reception pictures.
*Lee and I left the "Merchant of Venice" at the final scene. Somehow life just got ahead of us. So, we have to read the final pages and then watch the movie.

It's my goal in the next few months to perfect the art of finishing, and secretly I'm itching to cast a baby hat or some booties onto my needles.

2 comments:

benarinn said...

i'm glad you're back. i was missing my daily dose of joy. :)

Anonymous said...

Heck yes, amen, praise Jesus and all that stuff.