Thursday, February 7, 2008

A Big Fat Envelope

My mom told me it was headed my way, but I didn't realize what fun it would be to open. Inside I found: four homemade Valentines (my favorite is the one with the red foil background and pink jewels...I know a certain little pal of mine that will absolutely love it), a hilarious (and very fitting of Jake) Peanuts cartoon, a sheet of stickers (the JOY one has already been stuck to the front of my journal), two articles about a woman & her husband who are both writers (I haven't read them yet, but I did drool over the pictures of their writing room, her fountain pen, and colorful ink collection), a tag book that I'll save for just the right moment (maybe some pics and jottings from our upcoming weekend getaway), and a handwritten note (always a highlight for me).

2 comments:

benarinn said...

i think i may know which "little pal" you are talking about....

Michelle said...

how fun! i hope you are enjoying the little gifts and treasures in each package, i know i am enjoying them from afar, it is like i am right there with you!