Sunday, December 9, 2007

The JOY of Grocery Shopping

Lee and I have lived near some excellent gourmet grocery stores, places where it's actually pleasant to do the weekly shopping. List in hand, you go in knowing you'll find everything you need and then a few fun impulse buys as well. I can find almost everything I need here in town, but I wouldn't necessarily say I look forward to shopping at our stores. Last night we met some friends for dinner about 45 minutes south of here. The restaurant was so yummy, AND it was right next door to Harris Teeter. So, at 9pm on a Saturday night, Lee and I blissfully filled a basket with all sorts of fun stuff...orange spice tea, rosemary and lavender honey, Ghiradelli dark chocolate and toffee bars, a six-pack of Winter Hook, fresh squeezed orange juice, and a variety of Naked fruit smoothies.

No comments: