Friday, December 7, 2007

The JOY of Being Jobless

Lee found out late last week that he had to go on a "business trip" this week. Both of us were pretty bummed about it. Being apart, even for a few days, really stinks! The more we talked about it, though, we began to realize that we could make it work for us. It's times like these that I'm so thankful that I don't work outside our home. He left on Tuesday afternoon, and I joined him the next day after dropping the doggies off at the slammer. On Wednesday we had a lunch date, toured a museum, took a nap, visited with Ditty and had a scrumptious dinner. We spoiled ourselves on Thursday by sleeping in until 10:30am!!! Then we had a late breakfast, did a little Christmas shopping, and made a stop at Krispy Kreme before I headed home. It was a truly enJOYable 24 hours away.

No comments: