Saturday, October 11, 2008

Pumpkin Scones

One of my most favorite things about this season is the spicy scent of autumn baked goods. I love how the oven heats the house with the warm smells of cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, and cloves. Last week I baked pumpkin chocolate chip bread, but the recipe only called for half a can of pure pumpkin. What to do with the other half? I stuck it in the freezer and began searching for a recipe for this week's fall treat. These pumpkin scones were just the thing! The recipe is here. I tweaked it just a bit, using demerara cane sugar & white whole wheat flour and omitting the sugary glaze on top. Rather than cutting the dough into the traditional triangles, I shaped them by hand into six puffy rounds. Not only does the house smell delectable, but our tummies are full and happy on this dark Saturday morning.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the photo tips. I'll do my best to represent the new home's loveliness, but I don't know if I'm any match for you and your photos. Hmph.

Anonymous said...

ps...i want some'a them there scones.