Friday, November 23, 2007

Choose Joy

A month ago we welcomed a new puppy into our home. Change has always been difficult for me, and this addition to our household was no different. Suddenly I found that my life wasn’t my own anymore, and it really bothered me. I quickly found myself wallowing in a pool of self-pity. My days consisted of sitting on the floor tossing squeaky toys, standing out in the pouring rain waiting for her to go potty, and traipsing around the yard with little plastic baggies cleaning up the mess.
Housetraining a puppy isn’t much fun, but I was getting lost in the "not fun" and missing all the JOY that surrounded me. I’ve realized over the past month that I’ve allowed negativity to set up shop in my life…yeah, it’s been around for awhile. I’ve been a glass half-empty girl for as long as I can remember. I’m tired of living like this. This blog is my attempt to cultivate JOY in my life. It’ll be my record of the JOY I find each and every day.

2 comments:

benarinn said...

Hey...nice blog.

Nice inaugural address.

...didn't know that Emerson wrote that, but it fits the deep complexity he likes to create in simple terms.

Got this one from the bible. Maybe a fish-eating-bastard finds more inspiration in it than you will, ...and it usually only works for me when I'm in a good mood, but here goes...

Whatever is true,
Whatever is honorable,
Whatever is pure,
Whatever is lovely,
Whatever is admirable,
If there is any excellence,
If there is anything worthy of praise,

Think only of these things.

Do as you have seen, heard, and learned from me and the God of peace will be with you.

Anonymous said...

SOOOOO glad you are choosing JOY! One reason is because you bring so much JOY into the lives of others. Just the mention of your name has brought me JOY since the day you were born. I will be following this thread and look forward to sharing whatever I can with you, Lee, and the "kids". May the good Lord continue to bless you and watch over you.
One of your biggest fans...Uncle David